08 May 2017
Mood comes with the festival – but it’s always cold at Sunwaves, it’s raining at Eletric Castle and finally it’s coming at night at all the other festivals we’re going to get this year. We went back to the sea again, this time with a Mercedes from Tiriac Auto – our mobility partner carried up to 3 large suitcases and did a great job. We can say that the festival officially started the festival season and I write this by looking at a closed sky above Cluj. It was as closed when we reached the sea: the sky was sprinkled with clouds, and a strange cloud advanced from the sea to Constanta and then to Mamaia along the whole length of the boulevard. It was damn cold, but we had everything in our luggage so we got our equipment and got out. As the days passed, the sun came out, along with him and so did the outfits that make you think of the festival.
Someone was asking me for a while, before SW – Q: “What was we doing at a festival so we could not freeze and still look cool?” – I did not get an article about it at the time, but the experience of this year’s first festival came with momentary inspiration and I started writing. Rule number one: layering. Whatever you wear make sure you have a multi-layer outfit so you can take off a jacket for example when it’s hot, but keep it cool if it cools. Choose boots instead of any other kind of shoes, are comfortable, fit on grass, sand, mud, you name it. From your festival arsenal you should not miss any sunglasses. Find a list of items you do not have to look at at home below.
- Denim or leather jacket
- Sunglasses – Correct accessorizing can save a look, but do not overdo it. Counting on mirrored glasses or transparent lenses.
- Boots or choppers – the comfortable shoes helps you move freely. Make sure you’ve worn them at least once before taking them to the festival.
- Reinterpreted bag- can be worn on the hip or waist, is just what you need at a festival because it’s quite roomy and at the same time attached to you, leaving your hands completely free. I recommend a custom made from Ware Ware; I really like metallic ones. (click here)
- Backpack – a better option for when you’re away from camping / you have DSLR cameras after you.
- Second-skin under denim and crop tops that you can only wear when it’s hot. You find it in several variants on dsquared.com
I wore the second skin from Dsquared with a top neon from Nympha Gold, a pair of Exclusives jeans and my boots from Moja that I can not separate. In connection with boots and hammers we will soon prepare for a surprise, so stay tuned. You can find glasses at Meli Melo, and the earrings at H&M. They rely on daring combos and free imagination, from temporary tattoos, to lighted colors and glossy textures, all allowed.
What do you havein mind for this year’s festivals and what festivals are you planning to attend? We go to Electric Castle, Untold, Neversea, Summer Well, and the Depeche Mode and King of Leon concerts. Soundss like a full summer!
Music: Tapesh, KANT – Ey Yo (Original Mix)