29 March 2018
10 things you need to know about Summer Well
The next stop? Summer Well, Bucharest. The seventh edition of the festival that has the motto “a festival like a holiday” comes back with new surprises for the participants this year. Find out what are the 10 things you need to know about Summer Well right now from the list below
- 11th of August will begin end with Night Picnic. The entrance is free if you bring any pass from the festival, the gates open at 18:00. Do not forget to bring a blanket!
- On August 11, the Bucharest Symphony Orchestra will perform songs from the festival.
- Lantern Company from UK will be present at the event so we have to wait for story characters who will impress the Stirbey field at night. Flamingo giants? Butterflies with iridescent wings? Theater? We can expect anything, since it works with a wealth of artists like Stu Barker, Becky Barnett, or Faith Bebbington.
- Performers announced so far are: Interpol, Editors, Birdy, Glass Animals, METRONOMY, The Kills, Nothing But Thieves, HONNE, Oh Wonder & ROOSEVELT. End Show: The Bloody Beetroots.
- Free internet at the festival – The best moments in the festival have to be shared with social media friends, so this year all Orange users have free data throughout the festival. If you’re not a Orange subscriber, do not worry, you’ll find a dedicated Orange wi-fi anyway that you can easily connect to.
- Pedal Initiative together with the Orange Foundation for the Digitaliada – With every kilometer you peddle at Summer Well Orange donates 10 euros to support digital education in rural areas. He supports with us the creation of opportunities in 30 gymnastic schools in the countryside for 3400 students and 82 teachers through 810 tablets and 144 digital course materials.
- Orange Connected Experiences – See how technology conjures up and improves our lifestyle: from smart home to smart cars, plus many other exciting activities and contests. Download here the Summer Well application for Apple and here for Android, to get all the notifications about the festival.
- Like last year, there will be a pool area where you can relax during the day.
- Orange Junior Area – If you get to the kids’ festival, you must know that this year children will have a lot of activities dedicated to them – from Fidget spinners to fun together with Millidge & Doig Rocks and places specially designed for them. In addition, using the “Smart Junior” location device you will always know where it is. Erik has been with us since his first year of life, but this year he is on holiday to grandparents, so skip.
- At Summer Well you can enjoy the view of the high-rise festival, climbing into the Orange Hot Air Balloon. We have experienced this at Neversea and I recommend you go as early as possible, there are a lot of people very willing to do the same thing. Calculate the time when the sun sets and sit on the tail in time to catch the sunset from the bubble.
See you there!